roller-user mailing list archives

From doahh <ga...@prodia.co.uk>
Subject Re: Roller and CAS
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 10:40:14 GMT

I should have mentioned that I am using a self signed certificate but as
Philip says there is no error message even in debug mode.

My understanding of the process so far is:

1) Generate the SSL certificate using keytool which is entered into my
keystore at /home/gavin/.keystore
2) I then fire up the app ImportSSLCert
http://blogs.sun.com/andreas/entry/no_more_unable_to_find provided here
which connects to Tomcat, downloads the certificate from the
/home/gavin/.keystore file and add it to a new file called jssecacerts in
the same directory as the ImportSSLCerts class.
3) The file jssecacerts is then copied to the JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security
folder where everything should be ready to go.

>From here when Tomcat fires up I think this is what is happening:

1) Tomcat loads the key from my keystore at /home/gavin/.keystore
2) At some point the jsse libraries need to authenticate against the
provided key (that Tomcat reads in) and uses the jssecacerts file which
should contain the certificate.
3) If that was successful then everything would be OK.

The problem still persists which could mean I am doing something wrong in
the above certificate generation sequence.