roller-user mailing list archives

From Mike Cavanaugh <mcavana...@xeroxlabs.com>
Subject inaccurate hitcount in roller 4.0?
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 21:59:23 GMT

We are using roller 4.0 with tomcat 6.0.14. We've noticed that some hitcounts
produced by the getHotWeblogs macro don't correlate with google analystics.
It looks like themes that have default stylesheets are getting the
stylesheets counted as hits which is overstating the hits.

For example, take the bizwatch theme. Displaying a site with that theme will
cause these URLs to be loaded.

GET /roller/mikec/ HTTP/1.1" 200 12628
GET /roller/mikec/page/custom.css HTTP/1.1" 200 4109

Both, these URLs will pass through PageServlet trying to render them which
also queues both to be in the hit count.