roller-user mailing list archives

From Brian Levine <levine_br...@hotmail.com>
Subject Roller Memory Use
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 20:31:31 GMT

Hi,

I'm running Roller in a shared hosting environment that gives me a 128MB java heap.  I've
added a couple of servlets to the default install (they don't use any more memory than the
default servlet, ie they don't create objects in memory, etc.) and I'm now getting OutOfMemory
errors in my logs files and wonky errors when I try to do anything with roller.  So I guess
I have two questions

1) Does roller generally do okay with 128MB?  Is there some rule of thumb for how much memory
is required based on amount of traffic, etc?
2) Is there a way to trim down the default install to use less memory?

Thanks!

/Brian