roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: get weblog by month
Date Sun, 27 Apr 2008 15:28:20 GMT
On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 5:57 AM, Odelya YomTov-Glick <odelya@jpost.com> wrote:
>  I would like to get all weblogs' entries by month and year.
>  What is the best way to do it?
>  Odelya YomTov - Glick

Roller doesn't support those types of queries out of the box.

But... internally Roller does support queries for retrieving entries
by date, see the WeblogManager interface (http://tinyurl.com/4fkyqe)
for example, so making this information available in page templates is
possible but you'll have to do a little programming.

If you do have some Java programming skills you could create a new
Page Model that could appear in template with a name like $archive and
could return the type of information you want. There is some
information about creating a Page Model in my Advanced Roller
presentation on pages 50-53.

    http://people.apache.org/~snoopdave/presentations/advanced-roller-aceu2008.pdf

If you want to try this I can provide more information.

- Dave