roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: windows live writer editPost error
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2008 18:55:38 GMT
On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 2:39 PM, Peiqiang Han <peiqiang.han@videotron.ca> wrote:
>  It seems that there is no special setting for Roller. You should just input the weblog
> URL, user name and password. Live Writer can automatically detect the setting.
> We can post an entry, even with images. The only problem is modifying the posted entry.
> Below attached a setting I have.

>  >>   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>  >>  Caused by:
>  >>  java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
>  >>   at org.apache.roller.weblogger.webservices.xmlrpc.MetaWeblogAPIHandler.editPost(
> MetaWeblogAPIHandler.java:143)

Looks like  a problem in processing incoming categories.
Unfortunately, the MetaWeblog API specification is not clear about how
categories are to be handled so different blog servers do it in
different ways.

I don't have Windows Live Writer, so I don't know how it can be
configured but you might want to experiment with it. Can you tell it
that your site is really a Wordress site or a MovableType site? Are
there any settings for controlling how categories are posted?

- Dave