roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hit count reset
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 03:17:13 GMT
On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 12:51 PM,  <christopher.logan@bnymellon.com> wrote:
>  I'm using the $site method getHotWeblogs(int sinceDays, int max).  I'm
>  using a blog  that is set as an aggregated main blog page.
>  Yesterday we had a number of hits on a few of the weblogs.  Today, i see
>  none of the blogs listed.  I hit a blog after that it is now showing up
>  with the number of hits as 3 (the same number of times i hit it
>  today)...
>
>  Why did the hit count reset?

By default Roller clears it's hit and referrer counts every night at midnight.

Take a look at the section on "Scheduled tasks configuration" in the
roller.properties file listed at the end of the Roller 4.0
installation guide. You can turn off the reset hit and reset referrers
tasks by overriding the 'tasks.enabled' property and leaving out those
two. For example, like this:

   tasks.enabled=ScheduledEntriesTask,PingQueueTask

- Dave