roller-user mailing list archives

From Peter Evans <pe...@ixp.jp>
Subject Re: windows live writer vs Roller 4.0
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 12:01:20 GMT
On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 11:57:37AM +0200, Dave wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 7:16 AM, Peter Evans <peter@ixp.jp> wrote:
> >  Account -> Weblog Capabilities gives: (against my roller, YMMV)

	Atom Publishing Version added.
	If you give it a URL  http://hostname/roller/roller-services/app/
	it has a fit about unable to recognise the type. Select Atom
	give it a service document URL (which I assume is the same)
	It then offers 2 weblogs for the user.

	Weblog Entries
	Media Files

> >  Post Draft to Server            Y
> >  File Upload                     Y
> >  Extended Entries                N
> >  Custom Publish Date             Y
> >  Update Publish Date             Y
> >  Categories                      Y
> >  Categories Inline               Y
> >  Multiple Categories             Y
> >  Hierarchical Categories         N
> >  New Categories                  N		<- Y
> >  New Categories Inline           N		<- Y
> >  Category Scheme
> >  Keywords                        N
> >  Comment Policy                  N
> >  Trackback Policy                N
> >  Author                          N
> >  Slug                            N		<- Y
> >  Password                        N
> >  Excerpt                         N		<- Y
> >  Send Trackbacks                 N
> >  Pages                           N
> >  Page Parent                     N
> >  Page Order                      N
> >  HTML Titles                     Y
> >  Empty Titles                    Y
> >  Scripts                         unk
> >  Embeds                          unk
> >  Default View                    Normal (this might be me) <- Web Layout (once
again, might be me?)
> >  Character Set                   utf-8
> >  Requires XHTML                  N
> >  Category Name Limit             None	<- 200
> >  Auto Update                     Y

	Categories work. I added an "mmorpg" one.

> >  Attempting to update a published post gets:

	This might be pilot error, I know nowt about Atom. I note it changed from
	/roller/roller-services   to /roller-services/

The server reported an error with the following URL:

http://hostname/roller-services/app/m1/entry/99466bcc-d7be-4a41-a322-68c596be5091

404 Not found
Sorry! We couldn't find your document
Sorry! We couldn't find your document
Status Code 404
Message
Invalid collection specified in request
Type
Exception
The file that you requested could not be found on this server.

	It did successfully update the post.
	It did not appear to create the new category.

	Changing the category of an existing post causes edit to create a new
	post in the default group.