roller-user mailing list archives

From Peter Evans <pe...@ixp.jp>
Subject windows live writer vs Roller 4.0
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 05:16:17 GMT

Someone mentioned a problem with windows live writer, I got around to trying
it.

Windows live writer automatically works out what it is doing when given
the login to your blog.

Account -> Weblog Capabilities gives: (against my roller, YMMV)

Post Draft to Server		Y
File Upload			Y
Extended Entries		N
Custom Publish Date		Y
Update Publish Date		Y
Categories			Y
Categories Inline		Y
Multiple Categories		Y
Hierarchical Categories		N
New Categories			N
New Categories Inline		N
Category Scheme
Keywords			N
Comment Policy			N
Trackback Policy		N
Author				N
Slug				N
Password			N
Excerpt				N
Send Trackbacks			N
Pages				N
Page Parent			N
Page Order			N
HTML Titles			Y
Empty Titles			Y
Scripts				unk
Embeds				unk
Default View			Normal (this might be me)
Character Set			utf-8
Requires XHTML			N
Category Name Limit		None
Auto Update			Y

Categories do not seem to work. When I attempt to refresh the list of categories,
I get nothing. (Nothing in any log files)

Attempting to update a published post gets:
Server Error 0 Occured
Failed to invoke method editPost in class
org.apache.roller.weblogger.webservices.xmlrpc.MetaWeblogAPIHandler: 0

on the application and the system has:
roller.log

ERROR 2008-04-09 14:11:43,226 XmlRpcStreamServer:execute - execute: Error while performing
request
org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: Failed to invoke method editPost in class org.apache.roller.weblogger.webse
rvices.xmlrpc.MetaWeblogAPIHandler: 0
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.server.ReflectiveXmlRpcHandler.invoke(ReflectiveXmlRpcHandler.java:122)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.server.ReflectiveXmlRpcHandler.execute(ReflectiveXmlRpcHandler.java:102)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.server.XmlRpcServerWorker.execute(XmlRpcServerWorker.java:43)
	... and 29399 other lines.

Caused by:
        at org.apache.roller.weblogger.webservices.xmlrpc.MetaWeblogAPIHandler.editPost(MetaWeblogAPIHandler.j
ava:143)