roller-user mailing list archives

From Simon Haslam <simon_has...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Custom theme failing even before any changes (Roller 4.0, Oracle AS/OC4J 10.1.3, Oracle 10.2 db)
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 09:36:29 GMT

Simon Haslam wrote:

> Is there any other logging I can turn on so that we can see what it's
> doing prior to the HTTP 500?

Here's my roller-custom.properties - do I definitely have all the right
logging switched on?

installation.type=manual
database.configurationType=jndi
database.jndi.name=jdbc/rollerdb
openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary=oracle
hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.OracleDialect
mail.configurationType=properties
mail.jndi.name=mail/Session
mail.hostname=localhost
uploads.dir=...roller_data/resources
themes.dir=...roller_data/themes
search.index.dir=...roller_data/search-index
planet.aggregator.cache.dir=...roller_data/planetcache
log4j.appender.roller.File=...roller_data/roller.log
log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, roller
log4j.category.org.apache.roller=DEBUG
log4j.category.org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.themes=DEBUG
log4j.category.net.java.roller=DEBUG

I'm struggling now to see what's happening - I would have thought an HTTP
500 meant something was failing quite drastically and there would be a java
exception/stack trace somewhere but I can't find anything yet.

Given that Roller is running fine for everything else so far, for those of
you familiar with the Roller 4 code, do you know if there are some software
components that are only used for custom themes? Perhaps it's a version
compatibility problem? Do you think it is an OC4J-related or Oracle
database-related issue (presumably there must be some people running
successfully on, say, Tomcat and Oracle database though).

Any ideas, pointers, hunches or guesses gratefully received...

--Simon (looking at the tea leaves at the bottom of his cup for clues!)