roller-user mailing list archives

From Eric Wittle <er...@wittle.net>
Subject Re: Next 4.0 upgrade problem
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2008 23:31:59 GMT
If anyone runs into the same problem, it was caused by having moved
one of the required config entries for planet to the planet-
custom.properties file instead of leaving it in the roller-
custom.properties file. Specifically,

planet.aggregator.enabled=true

was only in planet-custom.properties. I figured it out when I noticed
that the planet configuration tab was no longer visible.

I find the distinction between which things get specified in roller-
custom.properties and planet-custom.properties somewhat confusing,
obviously.

-Eric

On Feb 26, 2008, at 6:38 AM, Eric Wittle wrote:

> OK, I'll move these entries back to roller-custom.properties. What
> other diagnostic steps can you suggest?
>
> -Eric
>
> On Feb 25, 2008, at 10:43 PM, Dave wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 8:08 PM, Eric Wittle <ericw@wittle.net>
>> wrote:
>>> P.S. - Config is Roller 4.0 running on Tomcat 5.5.25 with Java 6 on
>>> Ubuntu 7.0.4 with Mysql 5. The planet aggregator was working on 3.1
>>> prior to the upgrade to 4.0.
>>>
>>> P.P.S. - Sanitized version of planet-custom.properties is below:
>>> # Core planet aggregator configuration information for Roller 4.0
>>> installation.type=auto
>>> database.configurationType=jdbc
>>> database.jdbc.driverClass=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
>>> database.jdbc.connectionURL=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/roller
>>> database.jdbc.username=<omitted>
>>> database.jdbc.password=<omitted>
>>> planet.aggregator.cache.dir=/share/roller_data/planet