roller-user mailing list archives

From Roscoe Primrose <ros...@aiko.com>
Subject Re: problem w/3.1 install, can't configure frontpage blog
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 03:32:01 GMT
Well, I tried installing both 3.0incubating & 2.3incubating, and had
the same errors.  The install guide for all three says JRE/JDK 1.4+,
which 1.4.1 ought to qualify as.  I actually built 2.3 against my
installed JDK without problems, but I'm still getting the errors.
Anyone have any other ideas I could try?

Thanks

On Mar 11, 2008, at 12:23 PM, Dave wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 3:25 AM, Roscoe Primrose <roscoe@aiko.com>
> wrote:
>> Just finished a roller 3.1 install, except for the last step.  Was
>> able to connect, create an admin user, create a first weblog, but
>> when
>> going to the Admin->Configuration page, I get no options underneath
>> the tabs, so I can't select a frontpage blog.  The blog is created, I
>> can add entries, comments etc.
>>
>> System confg:
>>
>> Roller 3.1
>> Tomcat 5.5.26
>> JRE 1.4.1
>> MySQL 4.1.11
>> OSX 10.2.8
>>
>> No errors in the tomcat logs, but I do get an error in the roller
>> log.  It's a LONG group of entries, so I've put them last.
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated...
>>
>> Log Entries:
>>
>> ERROR 2008-03-11 02:15:38,030 ApplicationDispatcher:invoke -
>> Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
>> java.lang.VerifyError: Cannot inherit from final class
>>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
>>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:502)
>>        at
>> java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:
>

> Roller 3.1 was compiled against JDK 1.4.2 so there may be some
> problems running it on 1.4.1. I'm not sure if that is the problem, but
> that VerifyError seems to point to such a problem.
>
> - Dave

---
"When the government fears the people, there is liberty.
When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
--Thomas Jefferson