roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with email activation
Date Sun, 23 Mar 2008 14:26:57 GMT
On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 9:43 AM, abhay srivastava <abhay_iitm@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>     I am trying to use the email activation feature of Roller and as per the documentation
I have placed the required properties in roller.xml and roller-custom.properties files. But,
when I crate a user account in roller I get the error :

>  org.apache.roller.weblogger.WebloggerException: ERROR: Problem sending activation email.
>         at org.apache.roller.weblogger.util.MailUtil.sendUserActivationEmail(MailUtil.java:244)
>         at org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.struts2.core.Register.save(Register.java:173)
>

>  --- ROOT CAUSE ---
>  javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException
>         at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:319)
>         at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:169)
>         at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:118)
>

>  can somebody please help me here ?

For messages on either list, if you are seeking help in
troubleshooting a problem that you are experiencing, please be sure to
include the following information (with version numbers) when
possible:

What version of Roller are you using? If you are building from
sources, on which branch are you building?
What Application Server version are you using?
What database are you using?
What Java version are you using?
What operating system are you using?
If applicable, what browser are you using?

Thanks,
Dave