roller-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Aylott - subtleGradient <textm...@subtleGradient.com>
Subject Re: Add arbitrary values to a blog post?
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 01:25:44 GMT
On Mar 16, 2008, at 12:10 PM, Dave wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 8:10 PM, Thomas Aylott - subtleGradient
> <textmate@subtlegradient.com> wrote:
>> Is is possible to add arbitrary values to a blog post and then edit
>> your theme to read those values?
>> Would that require a plugin?
>> Would it even be possible with a plugin?
>
> Within Roller we support the concept of "entry attributes" which are
> name/value pairs associated with each blog entry. We use these to
> store the podcast URL, size and type associated with each blog entry
> and the idea was to allow plugins to store arbitrary values with each
> entry -- but that was never completed. So, if you want to use entry
> attributes now you'll have to modify the Struts actions that are
> responsible for saving and updating blog entries.
>
> - Dave

Hmm... interesting.
I'm not sure if I'm going to have access to change that on the server.
I'll have to check.
Also, I should have mentioned that I've been stuck with using the
latest 3.x version of Roller.

Is there by any chance some random column that I could marshal data
into and then read it back in the template?
I'm extremely new to all things java related. Please forgive my total
absence of clue.

—Thomas Aylott – subtleGradient—