roller-user mailing list archives

From abhay srivastava <abhay_i...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Customizing the login and New entry page
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 01:59:47 GMT
Hi Dave,
    Thanks for your valuable input. Though I know struts, I will be first trying the first
approach. can you tell me where I have to put roller-custom.properties file ?

Right now I see it in webapp\roller\roller-ui\docs\examples\rollertask

-abhay

Dave <snoopdave@gmail.com> wrote: On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 7:55 AM, abhay srivastava
 wrote:
> Hello, Can anyone tell me how to customize the login the and New Entry page with different
banner and color schemes? For example : The votemerich.com is also running on roller and they
were able to customize the login page.

You can customize the front-page by creating a front-page blog theme,
but to customize the login page and the editor/admin UI there are two
approaches.

The first one is to use the undocumented editor/admin UI theme
capability. If you look in the directory /web/roller-ui/theme you will
find three directories sun, blue and tan. These are three different
themes for the editor/admin UI. You can pick one by specifying the
property 'editor.theme' in your roller-custom.properties file. By
default editor.theme=tan.

If creating your own theme directory does not give you enough control,
then you will need to understand Struts2 and Tiles. Look in
WEB-INF/tiles.xml for the tiles config and then under
WEB-INF/jsp/tiles for the tiles referenced by tiles.xml. You can
modify those as needed, but remember, next time a Roller release comes
out you may have to do some annoying merges.

Hope that helps,
- Dave

---
Winners don't Quit,Quitters don't Win