roller-user mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <mindcr...@cpphacker.co.uk>
Subject Re: JBoss installation
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 09:33:18 GMT
Harihara Vinayakaram wrote:
> Philip
>    I tried the steps and it still does not work . I used the same contents
> of the jboss-app.xml . Can u also post what your application.xml looks like
> .

Sure, here ya go.  You'll want to take out the ejb module stuff, as
that's specific to OpenQabal.  Otherwise, it's a very basic application.xml.

<application>
         <display-name>OpenQabal Roller</display-name>

         <module>
                 <web>
                       <!-- you may have to change this file name to
whatever the stock Roller build creates, if it's not roller.war. I
forget -->
                         <web-uri>roller.war</web-uri>

					<!-- and of course you can change this to whatever you want-->
                         <context-root>/Roller41</context-root>
                 </web>
         </module>

	<!-- delete this stuff -->
         <!--  SingleSignOut MDB -->
         <module>
                 <ejb>single-sign-out-mdb-ejb.jar</ejb>
         </module>

</application>

If bundling as an ear with the classloader parent delegation
turned off doesn't work, I'm not sure what to tell you.  Other
than to say when I've had similar problems they were related to
(well, as best as i could determine anyway) some conflict with
OpenJPA and Hibernate.  One suggestion is to grep through
your log file carefully when you get the error you get (turn logging
all the way up to debug or even trace first) and see if you see
any reference to org.hibernate.* classes right around where the
error occurs.  If you do, you'll know it's some classloader issue,
as there's no reason that Roller should be loading any Hibernate
classes.

TTYL,

--
Phillip Rhodes