roller-user mailing list archives

From Peter Evans <pe...@ixp.jp>
Subject Re: Install Roller 4.0 on Tomcat 5.5 and using derby as db...
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 14:29:03 GMT
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 07:17:20AM -0700, zeno wrote:
> I'm trying to set up this environment, but no chance. Can someone help me
> with this? I was looking over the whole internet for days, no help around. I
> installed Tomcat 5.5, put derby jar's and mail/activation jars into lib
> folder, created roller-custom.properties and deployed roller.war into
> webapps. No success at all. Has someone this set up working? Can you
> introduce me shortly what's to do? Did I miss something? I'm completly new
> to Derby and Roller, I'm familiar with tomcat, mysql and J2EE. Thanks.

	When in doubt, look for logs and be prepared for the horror that
	is Java tracebacks, where you get 400 lines of "at somewhere..." with
	precious little meaning.

	Unfortunately, since I have no intention of going anywhere near tomcat
	except under duress, I can't tell you where the logfiles are.

	For what it is worth, roller 4 + glassfish 2 ur 1 was so easy to get
	running that I am suspicious. It was something like

	unpack dir, create roller-customer.properties,
	asadmin start-domain
	asadmin start-database
	asadmin deploydir blah, go to localhost:8080
	stare in abject fear as it works.

	Of course, mystically, comment posting doesnt work and the aforementioned
	logfile hell has NOTHING what so ever. I guess that is Java revenge.