roller-user mailing list archives

From "Broderick, Andrew" <Andrew.Broder...@Monster.com>
Subject RE: Trying to start Roller without mail
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:29:05 GMT
The jars were in roller/WEB-INF/lib. Moving them to Tomcat's lib
directory cleared up the problem. Why do they have to be in Tomcat's lib
directory though, as opposed to the application's?

-Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave [mailto:snoopdave@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 6:25 PM
To: user@roller.apache.org
Subject: Re: Trying to start Roller without mail

On Feb 11, 2008 6:28 PM, Broderick, Andrew
<Andrew.Broderick@monster.com> wrote:
> I want to run Roller without using e-mail at all. I have put all the
> JavaMail jars in the lib directory anyway though, but removed all mail
> config lines from the roller-custom.properties.

Yes, you need those jars -- even if you do not want to use mail.

> On starting Tomcat (v6), I get this error:
>
> INFO: Loading Spring root WebApplicationContext
> Feb 11, 2008 5:24:37 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
> listenerStart
> SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener
instance
> of class org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/Authenticator
>         at

org.apache.naming.factory.MailSessionFactory.getObjectInstance(MailSessi
> onFactory.java:105)
>         at

org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceFactory.getObjectInstance(ResourceFact
> ory.java:140)
>         at

javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(NamingManager.java:304)
>         at
> org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:793)
>         at
> org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:140)
>
> mail.jar, which contains this class, is definitely in the classpath.
Any
> ideas what could be causing this?

That error message means that the mail.jar is definitely NOT in the
classpath.

Make sure you put both mail.jar and activation.jar in the Tomcat lib
directory.

- Dave

NOTICE:
This message may contain privileged or otherwise confidential information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete the
message and any attachments without using, copying or disclosing the contents. (FE1)