roller-user mailing list archives

From "Broderick, Andrew" <Andrew.Broder...@Monster.com>
Subject Trying to start Roller without mail
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 23:28:52 GMT
Hi,

I want to run Roller without using e-mail at all. I have put all the
JavaMail jars in the lib directory anyway though, but removed all mail
config lines from the roller-custom.properties.

On starting Tomcat (v6), I get this error:

INFO: Loading Spring root WebApplicationContext
Feb 11, 2008 5:24:37 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
listenerStart
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance
of class org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/Authenticator
	at
org.apache.naming.factory.MailSessionFactory.getObjectInstance(MailSessi
onFactory.java:105)
	at
org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceFactory.getObjectInstance(ResourceFact
ory.java:140)
	at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(NamingManager.java:304)
	at
org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:793)
	at
org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:140)

mail.jar, which contains this class, is definitely in the classpath. Any
ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks

NOTICE:
This message may contain privileged or otherwise confidential information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete the
message and any attachments without using, copying or disclosing the contents. (FE1)