roller-user mailing list archives

From "Broderick, Andrew" <Andrew.Broder...@Monster.com>
Subject RE: Looking for build instructions for roller 4.0
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 21:01:28 GMT
I followed the same steps, and encountered the same problems. It seems
you also need activation.jar to be in tools/buildtime. This is available
at:

http://java.sun.com/products/javabeans/jaf/downloads/index.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave [mailto:snoopdave@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 8:25 AM
To: user@roller.apache.org
Subject: Re: Looking for build instructions for roller 4.0

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/Build+Guide
> >> I kinda get the feeling that I am looking at the wrong docs.
> >> Did I look at the wrong place?
> >
> > That is the right place. Did the instructions there not work for
you?

> > - Dave
>
> Hey Dave,
>
> unfortunately they didn't work for me.
>
> when I did run 'ant build', it first comes up with this error :
>
>      [javac] Compiling 196 source files to /Users/rvt/Sites/apache-
> roller-src-4.0/apps/weblogger/build/compile/business
>      [javac]
/Users/rvt/Sites/apache-roller-src-4.0/apps/weblogger/src/
> java/org/apache/roller/weblogger/business/MailProvider.java:22:
> package javax.mail does not exist
>      [javac] import javax.mail.MessagingException;
>
> After I got myself a copy of javamail 1.4.1 and copied mail.jar into
> tools/buildtime, I was a step further.
>
> This time I got this error :
>
>   [openjpac] 388  RollerPU  INFO   [main] openjpa.Tool - No targets
> were given.  Running on all classes in your persistent classes list,
> or all metadata files in classpath directories if you have not listed
> your persistent classes.  Use -help to display tool usage information.
>   [openjpac] 1273  RollerPU  WARN   [main] openjpa.Enhance - Detected
> the following possible violations of the restrictions placed on
> property access persistent types:
>   [openjpac] "org.apache.roller.weblogger.pojos.TaskLock" uses
> property access, but its field "timeLeased" is accessed directly in
> method "toString" defined in
> "org.apache.roller.weblogger.pojos.TaskLock".
>   [openjpac] "org.apache.roller.weblogger.pojos.TaskLock" uses
> property access, but its field "id" is accessed directly in method
> "toString" defined in "org.apache.roller.weblogger.pojos.TaskLock".
>   [openjpac] "org.apache.roller.weblogger.pojos.TaskLock" uses
> property access, but its field "timeAquired" is accessed directly in
> method "toString" defined in
> "org.apache.roller.weblogger.pojos.TaskLock".
>
> With the above error I am not sure what to do...
>
> Since I am rather new to java and building projects in java I am not
> 100% sure if a project should 'just be-able to be build' or that I
> need extra tools to download put jars somewhere and then run. much
> like what I did with mail.jar.
>
> I am using a standard java environment given by OSX Leopard, not sure
> if that is good or not.

There is no error above, only a warning which may be ignored.

Did the build fail or succeed?

- Dave

NOTICE:
This message may contain privileged or otherwise confidential information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete the
message and any attachments without using, copying or disclosing the contents. (FE1)