roller-user mailing list archives

From ries van Twisk <...@dds.nl>
Subject Re: Looking for build instructions for roller 4.0
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:13:50 GMT

On Feb 11, 2008, at 8:36 AM, Dave wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2008 9:32 PM, ries van Twisk <rvt@dds.nl> wrote:
>> I am looking for the build instructions for 4.0,
>> looking here : http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/Build+Guide
>> I kinda get the feeling that I am looking at the wrong docs.
>> Did I look at the wrong place?
>
> That is the right place. Did the instructions there not work for you?
>
> - Dave

Hey Dave,

unfortunately they didn't work for me.

when I did run 'ant build', it first comes up with this error :

     [javac] Compiling 196 source files to /Users/rvt/Sites/apache-
roller-src-4.0/apps/weblogger/build/compile/business
     [javac] /Users/rvt/Sites/apache-roller-src-4.0/apps/weblogger/src/
java/org/apache/roller/weblogger/business/MailProvider.java:22:
package javax.mail does not exist
     [javac] import javax.mail.MessagingException;

After I got myself a copy of javamail 1.4.1 and copied mail.jar into
tools/buildtime, I was a step further.

This time I got this error :

  [openjpac] 388  RollerPU  INFO   [main] openjpa.Tool - No targets
were given.  Running on all classes in your persistent classes list,
or all metadata files in classpath directories if you have not listed
your persistent classes.  Use -help to display tool usage information.
  [openjpac] 1273  RollerPU  WARN   [main] openjpa.Enhance - Detected
the following possible violations of the restrictions placed on
property access persistent types:
  [openjpac] "org.apache.roller.weblogger.pojos.TaskLock" uses
property access, but its field "timeLeased" is accessed directly in
method "toString" defined in
"org.apache.roller.weblogger.pojos.TaskLock".
  [openjpac] "org.apache.roller.weblogger.pojos.TaskLock" uses
property access, but its field "id" is accessed directly in method
"toString" defined in "org.apache.roller.weblogger.pojos.TaskLock".
  [openjpac] "org.apache.roller.weblogger.pojos.TaskLock" uses
property access, but its field "timeAquired" is accessed directly in
method "toString" defined in
"org.apache.roller.weblogger.pojos.TaskLock".

With the above error I am not sure what to do...

Since I am rather new to java and building projects in java I am not
100% sure if a project should 'just be-able to be build' or that I
need extra tools to download put jars somewhere and then run. much
like what I did with mail.jar.

I am using a standard java environment given by OSX Leopard, not sure
if that is good or not.

Ries