roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Compiling Roller code
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 22:22:33 GMT
On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 5:02 PM, John Langan <langanj@homes.com> wrote:
> Dave,
>  I tried Java 5 and deploying a directory with no luck.
>  As the roller war created from the apache-roller-4.0.zip download works and
>  the errors indicated a problem with the RollerPU I swapped the
>  roller-business.jar and openjpa-0.9.7-incubating.jar files from that version
>
> in C:\glassfish\domains\domain1\applications\j2ee-modules\roller\WEB-INF\lib
>  with those from the war compiled from the source code. I now get a 503 error
>  instaed of a 404.
>
>  Now there no errors seen in roller.log and the error in the server log is
>  now:
>  [#|2008-02-26T16:17:34.593-0500|SEVERE|sun-appserver9.1|javax.enterprise.sys
>  tem.container.web|_ThreadID=14;_ThreadName=pool-1-thread-4;_RequestID=af00c1
>  bd-35ae-47c1-af42-3b11116816a3;|WebModule[/roller]PWC1275: Exception sending
>
> context initialized event to listener instance of class
>  org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext
>  java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
>  org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.WeblogManager.getPage(Ljava/lang/String
>  ;)Lorg/apache/roller/weblogger/pojos/WeblogTemplate;
>         at
>  org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.rendering.velocity.RollerResourceLoader.getRe
>  sourceStream(RollerResourceLoader.java:80)
>         at org.apache.velocity.Template.process(Template.java:93)
>
>  I looked through the code but can't see where the problem might be. Any
>  ideas?

Pretty weird. I haven't seen anything quite like that. Looks like some
weird classpath problem, where perhaps you have different versions of
the Roller jars hanging around... or something.

How are you building Roller? You should be doing something like this:

   $ cd trunk/apps/weblogger
   $ ant dist

Then you should deploy the directory
trunk/apps/webblogger/build/webapp to Glassfish.

Since you are having such strange problems, I'd suggest you install
into a pristine, i.e. completely new installation of Glassfish V2.

- Dave