roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <>
Subject Oracle connection URL issue? (was Re: Error filterStart?)
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 21:42:22 GMT
On Feb 11, 2008 1:58 PM, Timothy Mizas <> wrote:
> In roller.log I get RollerContext:upgradeDatabaseIfNeeded -
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException:
> Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'

That Tomcat error message basically means that there is something
wrong with your database configuration, i.e. the JDBC jar is in the
wrong place, the connection URL is wrong, the driver class name is
wrong, etc.

> I'm connecting to Oracle9i and my classes12.jar is in common/lib. My
file is found and loaded. I have a roller.xml file in conf/Standalone/hostname/ which is where
my tomcat looks for contexts, that looks like

That all sounds good.

> <Context path="/roller"
>   docBase="/path-to/roller" debug="0">
>         <Resource auth="Container"
>          connectionProperties="autoReconnect=true&amp;useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=utf-8&amp;mysqlEncoding=utf8"
>          driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
>          maxActive="50"
>          maxIdle="3"
>          maxWait="3000"
>          name="jdbc/rollerdb"
>          password="passwrd"
>          removeAbandoned="true"
>          type="javax.sql.DataSource"
>          url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@dburl"
>          username="username"/>
> </Context>

I don't think I've ever seen the connectionProperties attribute
before. And it looks like you are putting the MySQL connection
properties in there, that can't be right.

Any Oracle users out there want to offer some connection URL advice to
Mr. Mizas?

- Dave

View raw message