roller-user mailing list archives

From John Hagan <jha...@binghamton.edu>
Subject Re: Xinha and other Editors
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:24:32 GMT

On Feb 13, 2008, at 5:32 PM, Dave wrote:

> On Feb 13, 2008 1:29 PM, John Hagan <jhagan@binghamton.edu> wrote:
>> I have Roller 4.0 installed on a Linux box.  It seems that the Xinha
>> editor does not work properly with IE6.  The cursor jumps all around
>> as
>> one types.  It is very annoying and almost unusable.  I normally use
>> Firefox and Xinha seems to work fine with it but, unfortunately, many
>> people still use IE.  By the by, I'm not sure if Xinha behaves
>> erratically with IE7 or not.  At any rate, I tried to add alternative
>> editors using the editor plugins and instructions at
>> <http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/Javanet/OptionalEditorAddinsForRoller>
>> .
>>   The pertinent piece of my roller-custom-properties file now looks
>> like
>> this:
>>
>> plugins.weblogEntryEditors=\
>> org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.plugins.TextEditor,\
>> org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.plugins.XinhaEditor,\
>> net.java.dev.roller.editorplugins.rte.RTEEditor,\
>> net.java.dev.roller.editorplugins.textjs.TextJSEditor
>>
>> When I reload Roller, I have the choice of using the Text Editor, the
>> RTE Editor Applet, and the Enhanced Text Editor and they all seem to
>> work fine; however, the Xinha Editor no longer appears as an option
>> even though it is listed as an editor in my roller-custom-properties
>> file.  Does anyone have any ideas as to why I might be experiencing
>> this behavior?  I have to admit that my Java knowledge is rather thin
>> so please try to be as explicit as possible with your reply.  Thanks
>> very much in advance.
>

> I don't notice anything wrong with your setup as described. Please
> check your roller.log file, somewhere around the start should me some
> messages listing the Editor Plugins as they are loaded. Do you see
> anything ERROR or WARN messages there?
>
> - Dave

There are no errors in the roller.log file.  The only warning is this:

WARN  2008-02-14 09:18:08,487 Settings:getLocale - Settings: Could not
parse struts.locale setting, substituting default VM locale

As I said, my java knowledge is thin so I'm not sure what that means,
but I was getting that warning long before I tried adding editors.

-john