roller-user mailing list archives

From Matt Raible <m...@raibledesigns.com>
Subject Re: Incorporate site level change (Adding Widgets)
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 21:46:10 GMT
If you google for OpenSocial, you should find Google's site on
OpenSocial. Basically, it's a JavaScript API that makes it possible
for people to create "social applications" (for FaceBook, LinkedIn,
Orkurt, etc.) and publish them to an "open social container".

If you need a widget that doesn't need interactivity in the form of
saving information, you could probably roll-your-own and use an
include mechanism to put it on all blogs. You could use an iframe or
a JavaScript script that writes out what you want to display to the
user. It doesn't sound like you need to gather any information from
Roller's database in this widget - do you?

Matt