roller-user mailing list archives

From "Emmanouil Batsis (Manos)" <ma...@abiss.gr>
Subject Re: Problems with login in Apache Roller.
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:35:13 GMT
Abhijeet Anand wrote:
> I followed the step in the roller-install-guide and set up my environment.
> Things work fine for the first time, and I am able to connect to database
> and create tables using automatic installation.
> Also I am able to create a user and do everything.
> Issues arises when I restart my tomcat server, everytime after that when I
> try to login it says "Wrong username and password combination" , though the
> username and password is correct.

If this is an upgrade, you probably need to turn off password encryption
(now default).

Otherwise if this is a fresh install and you have
planet.aggregator.enabled set to true in roller-custom.properties, I had
the same issue just a couple of days ago:

http://blog.abiss.gr/manos/entry/light_at_the_end_of

In other words, always read the release notes!

Cheers,

Manos

--
Manos Batsis, Chief Technologist
          __    _

5, Daphnidos Street,
14122, Neo Iraklio,
Athens, Greece

Tel: +30 210 2851517
Mob: +30 694 8376942

http://dev.abiss.gr

"BSD code is free code to be used in software. GPL code is code to be
used in free software." Kjella (173770), Slashdot