roller-user mailing list archives

From Gabe Wong <gabri...@ngasi.com>
Subject Re: Help with Installation
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 03:42:44 GMT
ratnamg wrote:
> Hi.
> I am trying to install apache Roller 4.0 on Suse 10.3, Apache and Tomcat
> 5.5. I have installed the latest jdk from sun.
>

> I seem to be getting this error.
>

> ERROR 2008-02-07 19:27:19,274 StandardContext:listenerStart - Exception
> sending context initialized event to listener instance of class
> org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: gnu/inet/util/Logger

The above error indicates another JDK is in the path instead of the SUN JDK.
Add the following in your Tomcat startup script:
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_03
export JRE_HOME=$JAVA_HOME

Edit the actual JAVA path accordingly. BTW was the installed Tomcat
downloaded from tomcat.apache.org?

--
Regards

Gabe Wong
NGASI AppServer Manager
JAVA AUTOMATION and SaaS Enablement
NEW! 8.0 - Centrally manage multiple physical servers