roller-user mailing list archives

From ratnamg <ratn...@iname.com>
Subject Re: Help with Installation
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 20:52:50 GMT

Thanks to all that replied. I completed reinstalled Java/JVM/JDK from sun and
seems to move me forward a little. I am now getting a completely different
error. I have installed the latest version of the mysql J connector as well.

To make sure I am not doing anything incorrect I have created a db with the
same name as in the documentation i.e., rollerdb and my
roller-custom.properties file has these entries

jdbc.driverClass=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
jdbc.connectionURL=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/roller?autoReconnect=true&amp;useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=utf-8&amp;mysqlEncoding=utf8
jdbc.username=scott
jdbc.password=tiger

FATAL 2008-02-08 14:41:09,287 RollerContext:contextInitialized - Roller
Weblogger startup failed during app preparation
org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.startup.StartupException: ERROR: unable
to obtain database connection. Likely problem: bad connection parameters or
database unavailable.
        at
org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.DatabaseProvider.<init>(DatabaseProvider.java:148)
        at
org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.startup.WebloggerStartup.prepare(WebloggerStartup.java:171)
        at
org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext.contextInitialized(RollerContext.java:138)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3764)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4216)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:760)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:740)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:544)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:926)