roller-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Mizas <timothy.mi...@villanova.edu>
Subject Re: Error filterStart?
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 18:58:26 GMT
>Can you provide some specifics? Did you see any errors in the log files (roller.log and
catalina.out) when Tomcat attempted to deploy the Roller context?

>- Dave

The catalina error is "Error filterStart" (not very helpful)

In roller.log I get

RollerContext:upgradeDatabaseIfNeeded - org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot
create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'

I'm connecting to Oracle9i and my classes12.jar is in common/lib. My roller-custom.properties
file is found and loaded. I have a roller.xml file in conf/Standalone/hostname/ which is where
my tomcat looks for contexts, that looks like

<Context path="/roller"
  docBase="/path-to/roller" debug="0">

        <Resource auth="Container"
         connectionProperties="autoReconnect=true&amp;useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=utf-8&amp;mysqlEncoding=utf8"
         driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
         maxActive="50"
         maxIdle="3"
         maxWait="3000"
         name="jdbc/rollerdb"
         password="passwrd"
         removeAbandoned="true"
         type="javax.sql.DataSource"
         url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@dburl"
         username="username"/>

</Context>

>From googling, I've found problems very similar to mine which say it's a naming factory
issue. I tried their solutions of adding 'factory="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory"'
to the resource above, but that didn't work.