roller-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Mizas <timothy.mi...@villanova.edu>
Subject Setting up roller to work with Oracle
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 18:14:11 GMT
Hi,
I've been trying to set up roller to connect to an oracle db and have been having some issues.
I've changed the roller-custom.properties to:

installation.type=auto
database.configurationType=jdbc
database.jdbc.driverClass=oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource
database.jdbc.connectionURL=jdbc:oracle:thin:@url:1521:wdb1/dbname
database.jdbc.username=user
database.jdbc.password=pass
hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle9Dialect

and the roller xml to:

<Context path="/roller"
  docBase="/roller" debug="0">
  <Resource name="jdbc/dbname" auth="Container"
      type="javax.sql.DataSource"
    driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
    url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@url:1521:wdb1/dbname"
    username="user"
    password="pass"
    maxActive="20"
    maxIdle="3"
    removeAbandoned="true"
    maxWait="3000" />
</Context>

and in the web.xml inside roller/WEB-INF I change the resource to:

<resource-ref>
            <res-ref-name>jdbc/dbname</res-ref-name>
            <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
    </resource-ref>

I'm using a different dbname other than "rollerdb". I'm not sure if roller supports this,
so that could be my issue and I'm also not sure if I've set everything up correctly to work
for oracle. For a while I was getting an error saying "ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently
know of SID given in connect descriptor" and then I realized that I still had settings pointing
to rollerdb instead of the custom dbname. So I changed that and now I get "javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
Name rollerdb is not bound in this Context".

Has anyone set up roller to connect to Oracle or a different db name that could give me some
info on how to do this?

Thanks,
Tim