roller-user mailing list archives

From omar Martin Velasco <binary1...@hotmail.com>
Subject Search problem
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 14:59:16 GMT

Hi,

We have a problem with generating the search index. We have migrated our database from Roller
1.0 to Roller 4.0, maybe the problem has something to do with this.

We initiate the search index generation by deleting the search index directory. Roller creates
temporary tables in MySQL and then deletes them.

We have turned on debug logging for the search sub-system and set the property 'search.index.dir'.

The log shows:

IndexManagerImpl:<init> - search enabled: true
IndexManagerImpl:<init> - index dir: /roller/roller_data/search_index
IndexManagerImpl:initialize - Index was inconsistent. Rebuilding index in the background...
  --> If we don't delete search_index folder
IndexManagerImpl:scheduleIndexOperation - Starting scheduled index operation: org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.search.operations.RebuildWebsiteIndexOperation
WriteToIndexOperation:run - Starting search index operation

The operation doesn't finish. No results are returned and the search index directory looks
like this:

-rw-r--r-- 1 roller roller   27 Jan 10 13:52 segments

If we rebuild the search index using Maintenance>Rebuild search index, the search index
operation works fine and the search index directory looks like this:

-rw-r--r-- 1 roller roller    4 Jan 10 13:52 deletable
-rw-r--r-- 1 roller roller 5903 Jan 10 13:52 _m.cfs

-rw-r--r-- 1 roller roller   27 Jan 10 13:52 segments

Do we need to do it in this way?

If we restart Roller without deleting the search index directory, the search index breaks,
and a new file appears in the search index directory:

-rw-r--r-- 1 roller roller    0 Jan 10 15:12 .index-inconsistent
Thanks for any advice!

Tecnología, moda, motor, viajes,…suscríbete a nuestros boletines para estar siempre a
la última
http://newsletters.msn.com/hm/maintenanceeses.asp?L=ES&C=ES&P=WCMaintenance&Brand=WL&RU=http%3a%2f%2fmail.live.com