roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: group blog in Roller
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2008 04:22:20 GMT
On Jan 25, 2008 10:23 PM, Steven Dongzhou Liao <liaod999@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am new to Roller. I installed Roller in my local development environment. What I want
to create is a group blog that multiple users can contribute. IHere is a list of requirements
which I do not see how to do in Roller configuration:
> 1. Newly registered user automatically has permission to create entries in the group
blog

Here's how it works. Once you have created a blog, you can invite
other users to join. But, you can only invite users who are already
registered in Roller. You can invite users to join with three
different permission levels, see the User Guide for details.

> 2. Users can only create entries in the shared group blog

In Roller, users are free to create blogs, join blogs, etc. This
behavior cannot be disabled.

> Anyone has idea on how to achieve these requirements? Also I am trying to play with Planet
but could not make it work with the limited instruction in Installation Guide. I appreciate
your help.

I'll respond to your other email about Planet.

- Dave