roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Roller 4.0 Installation with Derby
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 02:18:15 GMT
On Jan 24, 2008 12:13 PM, Gian Luca Decurtins <decurtins@genesiscom.ch> wrote:
> Hello list
>
> I'm trying to install apache Roller 4.0 on my system. My system is an
> OpenSUSE 10.3 Linux installation with apache tomcat 5.5 and Java 1.5 patch
> 13.
>
> With the installation guide [1] I wasn't able to get Roller running. I've
> put derby.jar into the /srv/www/tomcat55/base/webapps/roller/WEB-INF/lib
> folder.

You should put the Derby jar in the Tomcat common/lib directory so
that Tomcat can find it when creating a JDBC connection.

> After that I've created
> webapps/roller/WEB-INF/classes/roller-custom.properties with the following
> content:
>
> -- 8< --
> installation.type=auto
> database.configurationType=jdbc
> database.jdbc.driverClass=org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
> database.jdbc.connectionURL=jdbc:derby:/srv/www/tomcat55/base/rollerdb;creat
> e=true
> mail.configurationType=properties
> mail.hostname=localhost
> -- >8 --

That doesn't look like a good connection URL.
Shouldn't it be something like this:

   jdbc:derby:file://srv/www/tomcat55/base/rollerdb;create=true

But I usually run Derby in it's own process, so I'm not familiar with
the embedded DB form of URL.

- Dave