roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pingback support ?
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 03:37:43 GMT
On Jan 21, 2008 6:33 PM, Claudio Miranda <claudio@claudius.com.br> wrote:
> Sorry to send too much email on one day.

Keep 'em coming!

> Is there Pingback support at Roller 4 ? I search at mailing list and issue
> tracker, but there is nothing there.

No there is no ping-back support.

> I enabled the option "Enable referrer linkback extraction:". I did some tests, but look
its not working.

A long time ago there was a linkback support, but it was never enabled
at major sites due to performance worries (processing each referrer),
so it fell into disrepair.

Generally, we have resisted adding more referrer/statistics features
and have expected folks to use some other package for that (e.g.
Google Analytics). For better or worse...

- Dave