roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roller 4.0 RC9 installation problem on OAS 10.1.3.3.0 (OC4J)
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 06:23:26 GMT
On Jan 17, 2008 7:09 AM, Simon Haslam <simon_haslam@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Simon Haslam wrote:
> >
> > I forgot to mention that I deployed roller by creating a WAR file ...
> > Perhaps my problem is somewhere around the servletContext.getRealPath("/")
> > call in RollerContext.contextInitialized?...
> >

> OK I *think* servletContext.getRealPath("/") is returning null - this is
> expected behaviour according to Sun's Javadoc as the application has been
> deployed as a war file. Even if it were returning a useful path presumably
> we wouldn't be able to open it (e.g. for a theme) as it is within the
> archive.
>
> It looks very similar to the WLS question Stefan Edwards raised on the
> roller-user list on 14 Dec 2007 and I see what looks like the same topic
> raised here: http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/roller/browse/ROL-95
> quite a while back (I couldn't find the referenced posting from the dev mail
> archive for 2004).
>
> What confuses me is that the Roller 4.0 Install Doc (section 4.2 and later)
> suggests that you can deploy it as a war file. Is this issue something
> peculiar to OC4J (and perhaps WLS)? Is anyone else out there deploying
> Roller by a war file (to any app server)?

Sounds like you are experiencing multiple problems:

Your database connection is not setup correctly:

    --- ROOT CAUSE ---
    java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Invalid connection string format, a
    valid format is: "host:port:sid"

Roller's Log4J is conflicting with the one in OC4J

    Unpublished Bug 5871305 : APACHE.COMMONS.LOGGING LIBRARY HAS DEPENDENCY ON
    LOG4J CLASSES In the OC4J class loading framework

And you mentioned the getRealPath() problem.

Any chance you can use a better supported Servlet Container (e.g.
Tomcat or Glassfish)?

- Dave