roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roller 4.0 and Roller Planet Issue
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 21:05:21 GMT
On Jan 7, 2008 1:22 PM, Nate Keegan <nate.keegan@cityofprescott.net> wrote:
> I put $planet on the template (custom template is based on basic theme)
> and here is what I see on the front page:
>
> org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.rendering.model.PlanetModel@1f1f1d4

OK, that's good. I means the PlanetModel is present in your front page blog.

> The following are the only changes made to the basic template (i.e. the
> template that this is based on was Basic) for the front page blog:
>
> <changes>
> $planet
>
> #set($maxResults = 25)
> #set($since = 365)
>
> #set($pager = $planet.getAggregationPager($since, $maxResults))
> </changes>
>
> I went ahead and removed the subscription to myself. I also went ahead
> and added a feed from the front page at JRoller as a subscription
> (http://www.jroller.com/frontpage/feed/entries/rss) and restarted GlassFish.

OK. Good. So when the RefreshRollerPlanet task runs it should fetch
entries from JRoller and put them in the rag_entries table.

And after that, the $planet model should return data. But you say it
is not returning data, which baffles me. Can you add this below the
call to getAggregationPager so we can see if data is present:

   $pager.items

What do you see?

- Dave