roller-user mailing list archives

From ries van Twisk <...@dds.nl>
Subject Re: Passphrase problems with roller 4 (Solved)
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2007 13:34:26 GMT
Hey Gabe,

I found out what the problem was and it looks like a bug in how roller
authenticates.

Here is the situation:
I wanted to play with planet, and so I enabled
planet.aggregator.enabled=true

However since I never did put a planet-custom.properties next to my
roller-custom.properties
file planet failed to start up, but due to my ignorance I left it on.

When that is the situation, then roller doesn't pass-phrase the given
password during
authentication and a user can never log in. But it turned out I could
use the
pass-phrase as given/shown in the database.

When dave old me today about planet.custom-properties, all of a sudden
I was locked out
of my blog when I put that file in! So what happens is this:

When planet is enabled in roller-custom.properties without a planet-
custom.properties file, the password
doesn't get pass-phrased during authentication. Does that make sense
what I am saying here?

I double checked...

Ries

--