roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WebLogic 10?
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:17:12 GMT
On Dec 14, 2007 2:10 PM, Stefan Edwards <sedwards@aip.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>  Here's the deal: Roller 4.0 works fine on Tomcat 6.0, which is used for
> internal testing. However, WebLogic 9.2 (soon 10.0) is used for
> internet-facing appservers. We're upgrading to 10.0, but I cannot get
> Roller to run on WL; each time it is told to start, I receive an error
> (see below).
> The environment is:
>  - Solaris 10 SPARC
>  - MySQL 5.x
>  - WebLogic 10.0
>  - Roller 4.0final (had the same issue with rc9/rc10)
>
> Thanks for any help in advance,
>  -- Stefan
>
> The errors look like this:
> Error Message 1 (added for legibility)
> ------------------------
> User defined listener org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext
> failed: java.lang.NullPointerException. java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext.contextInitialized(RollerContext.java:110)

Here are lines 109 and 110 of RollerContext.java.

109        String ctxPath = servletContext.getRealPath("/");
 110       if(!ctxPath.endsWith(File.separator)) {

Could it be that ServletContext.getRealPath("/") returns null on
Weblogic? And if so, can you configure Weblogic so that it returns a
proper path instead?

- Dave