roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: user authentication fails in adding comments to IE
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 03:46:28 GMT
On Dec 10, 2007 5:45 AM, Odelya Glick <odelya@jpost.com> wrote:
> When I try to post a comment in IE I don't have the secure question + I get
> the message: Comment authentication failed!
> In FireFox it works all right.
>
> Most of our users use IE.
>
> How can it be solved?
> Can I remove the security check?

Hmm... that's odd. That security question has been in place for a long
while now and it's known to work with IE.  Are you using 4.0 now or
3.1?

Until we figure this out, as a work-around you can disable the math
question by setting this in your override file:

comment.authenticator.classname=\
org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.rendering.plugins.comments.DefaultCommentAuthenticator

- Dave