roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Longer URL on entries
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 17:29:28 GMT
On Dec 9, 2007 1:11 PM, Enrique Rodríguez Lasterra
<lasterra@javahispano.org> wrote:
> Roller trunk the entry url to 21 characters +domain + username + entry
> folder.
>
> http://weblogs.javahispano.org/lasterra/entry/java_y_xml_con_jaxb2
> http://weblogs.javahispano.org/lasterra/entry/java_y_xml_con_jaxb21
>
> I suppose that this depends on the domain instalation, mine is quite long,
> but i would like to make urls longer.
>
> Is this possible?

Unfortunately not without a Java code change.

The entry part of the URL Is known as the entry "anchor" in Roller lingo.

I think Roller's anchor generation behavior should be made
configurable, because some folks want to be able to specify their own
and some folks want it to be an opaque ID string and not readable
text.

- Dave