roller-user mailing list archives

From Edoardo Panfili <edoa...@aspix.it>
Subject Re: Roller Planet startup failed during app preparation (works)
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:14:17 GMT
David Bloom ha scritto:
> I have gone thru this recently and the documentation has a few issues.
>
> Yes, you need a planet-custom properties file like mentioned above.
>
> also...
>
> 1) It should be RefreshRollerPlanetTask not  RefreshPlanetRollerTask
>
> 2) The installation guide says the planet cache directory property is
> named planet.aggregator.cache.dir, but the planet.properties file
> looks like it uses cache.dir
>
> 3) I set up a blog which i called aggregator which I give a theme of
> roller front page...
>
> My weblog template now has
> ## 1) SITE-WIDE entries (the default)
> ##set($pager = $site.getWeblogEntriesPager($since, $maxResults))
> ## 2) PLANET-entries
> #set($pager = $planet.getAggregationPager($since, $maxResults))
> ## The below pager code should work against either

Now also the planet html pages works

1- the planet blog _must_ be the frontpage blog (this is not optional as
I thought).

2- enable "Enable aggregated site-wide frontpage" (this is on by default)

3- in roller-custom.properties
planet.aggregator.enabled=true
planet.aggregator.cache.dir=/var/cache/roller/planetcache
planet.aggregator.guice.module=\
org.apache.roller.weblogger.planet.business.jpa.RollerPlanetModule

# Tasks which are enabled. Only tasks listed here will be run.
tasks.enabled=ScheduledEntriesTask,ResetHitCountsTask,\
TurnoverReferersTask,PingQueueTask,RefreshRollerPlanetTask,SyncWebsitesTask
# Set of page models specifically for site-wide rendering
rendering.siteModels=\
org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.rendering.model.SiteModel,\
org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.rendering.model.PlanetModel

4- in planet-custom.properties
database.configurationType=jdbc
database.jdbc.driverClass=org.postgresql.Driver
database.jdbc.connectionURL=jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1:5432/rollerdb
database.jdbc.username=uname
database.jdbc.password=pwd

5- create a custom weblog template cloning frontpage, change two lines
in Weblog.vm (cange also <id> and <name> in theme.xml):
## 1) SITE-WIDE entries (the default)
##set($pager = $site.getWeblogEntriesPager($since, $maxResults))
## 2) PLANET-entries
#set($pager = $planet.getAggregationPager($since, $maxResults))
## The below pager code should work against either

Edoardo

--
Jabber: edoardopa@talk.google.com
tel: 075 9142766