roller-user mailing list archives

From Steve <elrond532...@gmail.com>
Subject Aggregated feeds not showing site wide feeds
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:19:04 GMT
I was having problems seeing site wide feeds in the past, so I went back to
the Vanilla version of the Roller Homepage and I then started getting my
site wide feeds.  I was almost happy, because I lost my aggregated feeds.  I
left it for a few weeks.

Yes all new blog entries on the website appeared on the Roller Homepage
within the hour I had set for the refresh.  This worked for all the blogs in
the system.

Today I have decdied to put the aggregated feeds back in.

I ammended the Roller Homepage to a customised version and changed the code
to this

                    #if (!$model.results)
                        ## 1) SITE-WIDE entries (the default)
                        ## set($pager = $site.getWeblogEntriesPager($since,
$maxResults))

                        ## 2) PLANET-entries
                        #set($pager = $planet.getAggregationPager($since,
$maxResults))
                        ## The below pager code should work against either:
Now I immediatly got all my aggregated feeds, but I lost most of my sitewide
postings.  The funny thing is some blogs are added and they appear on the
front page, while other blogs do not appear.  Even when I have created a
brand new Blog, and added an entry to the blog, it does not appear.  Old
blogs which were created some time ago, (before 4. RC10) appear to be
working fine.

I have now upgraded from RC10 to the official release, and nothing has
changed.

Is this in any way related to  the following problem.

*ROL-1587* <http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/roller/browse/ROL-1587>

   I have noticed an issue with the weblogger site-wide feeds. For
example, in the recent entries Atom feed pulling from the default
planet, the "updated" element is older than the most recent entry.
This came up as an issue with our separate use of the planet
aggregator. Any configured planet that consumes one of the site-wide
feeds from the weblogger will only update when the "updated" date is
incremented.

Dave, reports... "The problem is that we use the front-page weblog's
last-updated date
as the feed's update date, which is wrong. On first glance, this does
not look to be a trivial fix."

Steve