roller-user mailing list archives

From "Ronald Iwema" <ronald.iwema.quin...@gmail.com>
Subject Active Directory integration without manually creating users
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 21:01:31 GMT
Hi,

In security.xml I configured Roller to user my company's Active Directory
server for authentication. This currently works, but not completely to my
satisfaction. I first have to create an user account in Roller. Right after
that the user can log in with his Active Directory credentials. I would very
much prefer that creating a user manually would not be neccessary.

Is anything present in Roller to automatically create a user when someone
logs in with his AD credentials for the first time? Or is this not a feature
in Roller?

PS. After I sort this out, I would like to contribute to the wiki article
about configuring Roller with LDAP/CAS. I think configuring it with AD might
be a helpfull addition, since it works a little bit different than LDAP.
What is the way to do this? Do I send an email or something?

Ronald