roller-user mailing list archives

From "Mateusz Kaduk" <mateusz.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Document for Roller integration
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 10:35:30 GMT
There is instalation guide for release candidate
http://people.apache.org/~snoopdave/apache-roller-4.0-rc9/
What do you mean by intergrating to any website ? Did you mean roller using
accounts from other portal framework ?
I'm not a java web developer but I think that in order to acheive that you
have to change something for those applications to force them to use the
same auth mechanism. I'm not sure if its container based auth, but roller
saves its passphrase and username in database you define.

If you just want to setup roller and link to it, use that installation guide
its pretty clear.

As to Rocco, setting tomcat to run on 80 port is wrong. Tomcat and Apache2
are two diffrent services.
Tomcat can run many web applications. Apache2 with jk2 connector connects to
tomcat's 8009 port and only renders pages for virtual hosts. You can define
a wroker for specyfic mount point - application that is running on tomcat.
Tomcat ports should be available only for local processes(apache connector),
not for worldwide. Tomcat ports are used only for application development. I
use apache to serv diffrent applications on diffrent urls or domains, while
they're running on the same tomcat.