roller-user mailing list archives

From "Prabhu Patil" <ppa...@digitas.com>
Subject RE: inserting java code in templates
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 21:12:02 GMT
Dave,
I'm almost there, but for one last thing. I need the HTTPServletResponse
object in the new Model object I wrote. What's the key to retrieve
response object from Roller's params Map?

Thanks so much.

-Prabhu

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave [mailto:snoopdave@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2007 10:25 AM
To: user@roller.apache.org
Subject: Re: inserting java code in templates

On Nov 30, 2007 10:56 AM, Prabhu Patil <ppatil@digitas.com> wrote:
> Dave,
> I'm struggling with the code that's needed to access this new Data
Model
> object.
>
> I have added a new class by name AVCheck that has a public method
called
> checkAV.
>
> I updated various properties in roller-custom.properties with my new
> class.
>
> Now, I changed the Weblog template to add following code:
> #$AVCheck.checkAV('http://stage.millerliteracing.com/av.do')
>

> However Roller does not seem to like this code. ( I have also tried
> #$aVCheck.checkAV('http://stage.millerliteracing.com/av.do'))
>
> Could you help?

Read up on the Velocity Template Language:
http://velocity.apache.org/engine/releases/velocity-1.5/vtl-reference-gu
ide.html
http://velocity.apache.org/engine/releases/velocity-1.5/user-guide.html

And Roller Template authoring via the Template Guide:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/Roller+User+Documentat
ion

Those should answer your questions.

- Dave