roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: feature request
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 14:10:32 GMT
On Nov 25, 2007 11:08 AM, Thinkboy <manchi.leung+news@gmail.com> wrote:
> so far, roller 3.1 is nearly perfect for my usage.

I'm glad it is working out for you.

> only 2 more features that i really wish to have
> 1) password protection for selected blog entry
> 2) plugin to display pictures thumbnail from google's picasa webablum
>
> i really wish I can help the communtry to build this plugin  (bcos, i
> am currently using spring-mvc, spring, hibernate for work too)
>
> should I start looking at  3.1 code based or 4.0 ?

Unless you specifically want to support 3.1 or 4.0, I would recommend
looking at trunk because (after today) that's where we'll be working
on Roller 4.1 which includes a complete new user management and
permissions system.

BTW, we don't use Spring, Spring MVC or Hibernate in Roller. We use
Guice, Struts2 and OpenJPA.

- Dave