roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: migration from blojsom
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 15:50:08 GMT
On 11/5/07, Angel Vera <gunfus@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I was thinking on creating a java tool that would connect to the blojsom database and
insert the data into the roller database. Unfortunately, I don't understand  (yet) what is
the minimum required data for the table "weblogentry" so that it will not break jRoller. My
idea is to migrate the entries only (without categories), disallow comments on those entries,
but have the correct posting date and time.

Instead of creating the Roller data via SQL, I recommend you use the
"Roller API" which is made up of a set of Java classes "POJOs" and
some Java interfaces "Managers."

You can find a set of examples that illustrate how to call the Roller
API from Groovy here: http://tinyurl.com/2l2no4. If you don't want to
mess with Groovy, the Java code will be pretty similar.

- Dave