roller-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff O'Donnell" <jodon...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Config question
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 17:54:00 GMT
Hi Kurt,

I think this might answer part of you question.

To remove the requirement to have the port number 8080 in the URL you
can change Tomcat to listen on port 80 which would then make your URL
blogs.company.com/roller.

You should be able to edit your server.xml file located in
apache-tomcat-5.5.23\conf directory.

Change the port number in the section below to "80" instead of "8080":

<!-- Define a non-SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8080 -->
               maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"
maxSpareThreads="75"
               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
acceptCount="100"
               connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true"
               URIEncoding="UTF-8" />

Don't forget to restart Tomcat.

Hope this helps answer part of this.

-Jeff