roller-user mailing list archives

From Angel Vera <gun...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: migration from blojsom
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 15:41:52 GMT
Dave,

I was thinking on creating a java tool that would connect to the blojsom database and insert
the data into the roller database. Unfortunately, I don't understand  (yet) what is the minimum
required data for the table "weblogentry" so that it will not break jRoller. My idea is to
migrate the entries only (without categories), disallow comments on those entries, but have
the correct posting date and time.

----- Original Message ----
From: Dave <snoopdave@gmail.com>
To: user@roller.apache.org
Sent: Monday, November 5, 2007 10:22:08 AM
Subject: Re: migration from blojsom

On 11/1/07, Angel Vera <gunfus@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am sure this comes over and over again, but I have to ask here once
 again, because I wasn't able to find much resources in google.

> I am tyring to migrate my entries from the old blog (blojsom 3.0)
 into the new one (jRoller 4.0 RC7). Preferebly I can migrate them without
 having to bring up the older blog, but if I have to bring it up the
 older blog well that is fine.

> Any tips, recomendation, etcs.. would be appreciated.

Unfortunately, there is no automated way to export from Blojsom and
import into Roller. There are a couple of ways you could do this work,
depending on you or your employees technical skill level.

1) Read the Blojsom data via JDBC then call the Roller API to import
it into Roller. I have some examples that show how to call the Roller
API via the Groovy scripting language.

2) Read the Blojsom data via MetaWeblog API, then use MetaWeblog API
to post it to Roller. Problems: 1) comments are not supported, 2) both
your Roller and Blojsom servers will have to be up and running at the
time.

Does either of those approaches sound possible to you?

- Dave