roller-user mailing list archives

From Evgeniy Strokin <evgeniy.stro...@yahoo.com>
Subject What is the best way to add custom methodes
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 16:17:02 GMT
Hello,.. I have such task: Our blog has many categories and subcategories. User should be able
to choose some of them as default and I need to display posts only from those categories.
So I thought I'll provide a screen where user can see the list of all categories and he can
choose some. I'll store it in cookie. When next time user will come I'll read the cookie and
show posts based on the values.
I need to submit the form with user's choice to the server (right?) and set cookie. Also I
need some kind of custom method which will read the cookie and return me list of categories.
What is the best way to do this?

I use Roller 3.1 so far, but I have freedom to switch to Roller 4, but since it's not ready
yet (I know, there is release soon,.. but I just tested RC10 and I still had problems there,
may be just my config is wrong, may be problem with the RC, but this is not a good sine anyway)
may be I'd need a solution for 3.1 first, and for 4.0 after..

Thank you,
Gene