roller-user mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <mindcr...@cpphacker.co.uk>
Subject Re: What IDE roller Developers use ?
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 18:41:14 GMT
srinivasa marreddy wrote:
> I am wondering what IDE roller developers are useing for development. I have
> downloaded the source code but i am not sure how to run it as eclipse
> project. There are several sub projects and maven build files. Can somebody
> help me to set it up as eclipse project and run under eclipse(3.3).I rellay
> appreciate your help.

I think most (all?) of the Roller devs use Netbeans or something
other than Eclipse.  There are eclipse .project files in the source
tree but from what I can tell they aren't kept up to date.

If you want to build the 3.x series with Eclipse, try this: build once
from using the Ant build so that you get the generated code.  Then
create src folders in Eclipse (as needed, can't remember if they exist
or not) for all the dirs that contain source files (both generated and
pre-existing).  Then just fiddle with the project classpath settings
until all the dependencies resolve.  It may take a little bit of
time and trial and error, but it's not a huge undertaking to get
Roller building in Eclipse.

Good Luck. :-)

TTYL,

--